Telegram is one of the widely used Instant Messaging application these days and it’s packed with a load of features. In this tutorial, we will talk about how to permanently delete and/or deactivate your Telegram account.
- Navigate to the following website in your Android’s web browser or from your computer. https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate (This is because it’s not possible to delete your Telegram account inside the app)
- Once you visit the above web page, you have to type in your mobile number which is registered for Telegram. Make sure you include your country code as well.
- Tap ‘NEXT’ button and in a few seconds, Telegram will send you an SMS that contains a security code.
- Type that code you received into the text box labeled ‘Confirmation Code’
- Tap ‘Deactive Account’ button and then a confirmation page will appear.
- Tap ‘Done’ button and then also you can state the reason of why are you leaving Telegram.
- Tap ‘Yes, Delete my account’ and voila. You successfully deleted your Telegram account.
Please note that deleting your Telegram account will permanently delete all of your Telegram messages and contacts.